Social Icons

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

I'm bringing Blogging Back !

                    YEAH!  Where have I been? Why have I not kept up with my fascinating blog that detailed my day to day adventures?  Well I have a good solid reason, I’ve been lazy. Not lazy in the way someone would fail to properly dry his hands before opening  a public bathroom door ensuring that whoever touches that wet handle Is going to pause and wonder what exactly did they just touch. No, this is a good lazy, a healthy lazy.

           Many know what my struggle has been for some time. Working the night shift! The shift was supposed to be a temporary arrangement and it ended up being a far longer tour than originally anticipated.  Politics played a roll, so did corruption and in the end there was only one person who was going to get me out of the mess I was in, ME.  I wasn’t happy, I was downright miserable. The night shift was literally killing me. Insomnia , high blood pressure  and weight gain were all consequences to this shift and unlike Taylor Swift, I couldn’t shake it off.  My body had no idea when to have energy and as much as I tried my body would not cooperate. I was useless and any deviation to my routine would either cause me to crash or turn me into some kind of repugnant arrogant argumentative monster and that’s just not the person I like to be.
     I was a walking zombie, I was Edward Norton in Fight Club, walking through life in slow motion while everything zipped by me.  I had to bounce back. I had to put aside any little hobbies I had, any ideas that these hobbies would pay off and I had to get stuff done in the real world. I made the decision to finish school faster by enrolling full time and I took up my Boss’s offer to fetch a license they needed that would ensure I get my position changed. Sure I could have done things easier, maybe just focused on the license but I knew myself and in order for me to keep steam rolling through this rut I needed a ton of coal dumped on me.
    And I did it ! I not only passed all my classes with A’s but I also passed the city test and the onsite test with a 92. The license was mine ,Bing bong Bang schedule changed. I got promoted in the process and understand  It’s not the title that I’m proud of , I don’t go on LinkedIn using a thesaurus to describe myself, no, it’s about positioning myself for future growth in my personal life. My family needed me around on the weekends and now I can plan to do things like a family. I hated that I couldn’t and I wasn’t going to sit there crying about it.

       Now it’s about recovery. With having weekends off I’m able to do all the things I wasn’t able to, stuff you day walkers sometimes take for granted like shopping in Ikea , a stroll through the farmers market, hang out at the dog park without a dog while trying not to look creepy. I’m also able to curb my antisocial attitude and spend time with people I haven’t been able to.  That’s important to me, I’ve cut off some people in my life that were very toxic (or just annoying) . Surrounding myself with positive outgoing people is exactly what I need.
 
I haven't seen my Aunt and cousins in ages ! 
    So what’s in store for future blogs?  I’ll tell you ! Fascinating stories involving action, drama, suspense, romance…. And even a little comedy. Writing is therapeutic for me and I like sharing what I can when I can. No more hiding in the shadows , It’s time to rise from the ashes and let out a thunderous roar while pounding my furry chest while yelling , “ I’m BACK!”…cuz that’s just what I did …and now people are looking at me .






- Ruben Camacho


No comments:

Post a Comment