So the other day I'm headed to my parents house and I have my family with me. We miss the Q60 bus right as we get to the corner and I knew another bus wasn't coming for 30 minutes so to kill some time I decided to take them to the McDonalds that's a mere few feet away. Jason and Dez were hungry so it seemed like a good idea at the time. Once inside I tell them to sit down while I order "The Usual". The order goes smoothly and its taken by this sweet girl who is obviously new. She nervously repeats everything I say ensuring she makes no mistakes and I respond patiently. I stand to the side waiting for the food when it happens.
An older man comes in and pops out two sausage egg and cheese muffins. I think he had them in his pants because they came out of nowhere, it was like a magic act! So he has these muffins and he starts telling the cashier helping me that she sold him the muffins and they have sausage and he said NO sausage. Now, it should be noted that its about 1:30pm and Mcdonalds stops selling breakfast at around 10:30 or so, maybe 11 I'm not sure. Which tells me either he is an INCREDIBLY slow eater or he really, really hates sausages and had to say something about it.
The girl was professional, but the man continued to complain. Her manager quickly stepped in and pretended to check his order (he had no receipt) while telling her she needed to be more careful when taking orders. Now there was NO proof she messed up, this was the classic "the customer is always right" garbage that I never believed in. It could have been the cook that messed up, could have been a mistake on who packaged it , it could have been a number of things. But everything was falling on this poor girl who was giving no attitude and looked like she wanted to crawl under a rock.
The manager offered him his money back, he of course said yes, but then continued to harass her. Saying how WRONG she was for what she did. This was already for a few minutes, him repeating the same thing over and over and even another co - worker stepped in and asked him what did he want. It didn't look like he just wanted her fired, it looked like he would have had her stoned for her insolence if he could. So...I lost it.
I told him to take his money and leave. Now mind you, if this would have been some hooligan I would have simply just called the cops but this was just an angry bitter man wanting to make a small issue a big one and I am so..so sick of that. So I tell him to leave and now he turns his attention to me. He starts complaining and I stop him and ask him if he's ever made a mistake. "Have you ever made a mistake? how would YOU like to be treated if you made a mistake at your job" apparently this question was too deep, there was a pause and you can hear the limited processing power in his tiny brain before it fizzled and popped back into ignorance.
So an older guy comes my way, starts taking my side but gets all "Merica!" about it and i'm like whoa whoa whoa, I'm not going there, I just want the guy to leave the girl alone I don't want to get all Afghanistan up in here , so we both tell him to leave McDonalds but he comes toward me as I walked away. I took that as aggression so I quickly stopped and unleashed a mighty shout. No exaggeration , this yell literally shook the entire restaurant. The guys hair blew back and he froze in this spot like a Mortal Kombat move.
![]() |
| no exaggeration, this is what he looked like when I yelled. |
He finally stopped. He could NOT believe what just happened. I'm sure he had fantasized about how he would go into McDonalds and shame this woman for her insolence. I totally ruined that.I ruined that high he was seeking, that twisted sense of Justice people like him try to seek when they do what he did to other people in their jobs. It drives me crazy how people like that look to bully those at their jobs, knowing they are powerless to respond. Not Today! for I am the Ruiner of Highs!I ruin highs well.
He paced back and forth outside shaking his head like he couldn't BELIEVE that this just happened! I calmed down, told the manager and the girl they do good work and that the guy was crazy and we finished our terrible food. I was reminded how much I hate McDonalds food but I think now that I'm juicing I hated it even more. It took work to finish that burger and It made me think of that documentary Super Size Me. My stomach churned after ...Next time we miss the bus, I'll just wait for the next one.
The End.


No comments:
Post a Comment