![]() | |
| I'm JUICING! |
So I researched how effective Juicing would be for Type II Diabetics. No surprise there was a slew of poor information out there, especially from those claiming to be health blogs but are ran by idiots that are so dangerously irresponsible that it could border on criminal negligence. For example, when one puts on the blog that this recipe is "good for diabetics" and the nutritional facts show a drink that contains 48g of sugar for one serving YOU deserve a slap in the face. I'm not using hyperbole, you literally require five fingers across and maybe five on the return for emphasis .
I've decided to mix the juicing with the healthy protein smoothie recipe that I once incorporated into my diet before. It was an expensive recipe requiring a good amount of protein powder and a very difficult to find unsweetened Almond Milk but its filling and delicious and most importantly already proven to not spike my levels . That's something I was weary about going into this juicing since level spiking is the one thing that makes me a raging moody monster and I wanted to avoid that side of me as much as possible.So until I can see that the juicing recipes I have chosen are good for me I'll be mostly making the smoothies and slowly adding more and more green drinks.
![]() |
| My reliable and delicious Protein Shake |
So for 10 hours I had nothing but liquids. I got home from work and made myself another protein shake with Bananas and two Strawberries. By 10:30am I was lying in bed shaking like Ewan McGregor in Trainspotting when he was locked in a room trying to get off Heroin. I couldn't sleep, couldn't focus. I kept smelling food all around me. I swear for a while I had acquired DareDevil like honed senses and I was smelling things from blocks away. I already drank down a smoothie so I couldn't drink another to curb the hunger and I couldn't stomach more water or juice. Mentally I was breaking down and I knew I was in trouble when I wanted to throw up. I ended up getting a huge migraine. The craziest part was when I was hot and cold at the same time.I had become a Katy Perry song !!! I couldn't take it and I fell off the wagon. I ate the fastest thing I could make, a cheese sandwich. I barely got the plastic off the sliced cheese before I scarfed it all down like I was a prisoner in solitary confinement who hadn't eaten in days.
While I should have had a healthier option in front of me ready for just a situation, I was proud that I didn't run to some fast food joint and over order something to satisfy my ravenous cravings. I paused and took a moment for everything to settle. With no exaggeration the headache went away within minutes and I was calmer. I had checked my levels and I was 140 so it wasn't my blood sugar, this was something else.
I've taken a step back to adjust to this challenge. Tomorrow I'm going to approach it slightly differently now knowing how my body is responding. I will have Dez with me all day to keep my mind busy which is what most of this challenge is about. It's all mental and it's extremely difficult to keep focused when one has as much down time as I do. These blogs are helping me keep mentally busy, so...Onward !


Hhahhaa this made me laugh. I remember when I juiced for 15 days straight. It def gets easier but it does something to your body you truly cant explain. I felt a lot weaker and sometimes would get light headed. When I finally decided it was time to eat again it was a peach. I knew that I couldnt handle protein or heavy...plus I knew I had to learn how to chew again. Ohhhh the sweet sensation of eating like an adult again! Ill probably never do it again but it was a good experience, Theres def no harm in having a juice/smoothie a day and eating healthy rest of the time.
ReplyDelete